A new training course, Advanced Design Concepts, is available at the Online Training Portal. This course, as the name implies, discusses how to use advanced Process Director features to create complex applications. It combines instruction with extensive practical exercises to learn how to use these advanced features.
This course is intended for users who will develop low-code applications with Process Director. It covers the advanced principles of designing Process Director applications. This course assumes the student has completed the Core, Intermediate, Advanced, and Developing Applications training courses as a prerequisite. The student will be expected to apply knowledge from previous training courses to implement advanced concepts into an application’s design without detailed instruction.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to successfully:
- Describe the concepts behind multipurpose application design
- Apply visibility and enabling scenarios to Form controls
- Perform DateDiff calculations, and use Calculation controls
- Create and display Milestones in a Journal control
- Create custom validation rules for a Form
- Implement a Save button on a form
- Implement multiple Button Area controls on a form
- Use a Sequence Number system variable to create self-managing, unique, custom numbering for form submissions
- Use a Parent activity to control the behavior of an approval process
- Configure Timeline Activities with multiple results that have visibility scenarios applied
- Configure a multipurpose email template
- Create a super search Knowledge View
The course has also been added to the appropriate Learning Paths within the system.